1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mice ate plow wiring.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by plowking15, Jan 3, 2016.

1. plowking15

plowking15 Member

I have a newer fisher plow. I took the plastic cover off the module, solenoids and wiring harness on the plow. The wiring had been frayed from mice. I taped it for now but have ordered new harness. How do I keep them out for next year? Thanks, plowking....P.S. I have a cat but he likes squirrels more then mice.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Moth balls, mint, sticky traps, fabric softener sheets.
    I personally have only used the moth balls and traps.
  3. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I stuffed fabric sheets in my skidsteer instrument cluster after they ate thru wires in there; been about three years now and seems to have worked.
  4. J.onathan

J.onathan Junior Member

I put dryer sheets/fabric softener sheets in my camping trailer when I store it for winter. Havent had any mice in it
  5. chesterlawn

chesterlawn Member

I keep my plow in my garage. I have always kept rat and mice poison in there just for this reason, I wasn't really thinking of my plow but I was worried about my wife's car and the mowers.
  6. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I keep all my stuff in the shop and have decon placed throughout it.
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Spray it down with FF,they don't like it.
  8. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I use cab fresh it works great and doesn't smell bad at all.