1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MI Insurance Companies

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by brettz28, Sep 11, 2013.

1. brettz28

brettz28 Junior Member

Hello,
    I am located in MI. My current Insurance company is going to non-renew us because we are snow only. I am small only 2 trucks, and thoughts on companies? We have never had a claim, and in business for 14 yrs.

Thanks!

2. Ben/Insurance

Ben/Insurance Sponsor

Call your local independent insurance agent for quotes. Ideally, the bigger the better. Check their website to see how many carriers they represent for business insurance and make sure they know your business. We (IA's) work for YOU not the insurance companies. I don't think an Allstate, State Farm, Liberty mutual, Nationwide agent is a good resource for you here. Offer them all of your insurance and they will get you a great deal. Google "independent insurance agents" for the link to the Big I then find a local agent from there. Good luck.
    Ben

3. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

I have a great agent in SW Michigan. My stuff is through Auto Owners and Citizens, maybe Hastings too. Anyway, he's very familiar with our industry. PM me and I'll send you his info.

4. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

You may want to check with Regency in Lansing. They are an agency that works with MNLA and they insure many landscapers that plow snow in addition to landscaping.