1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meystern wtf moment

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by birddseedd, Mar 14, 2014.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

who the capitol letter thought welding this on would be a good idea?

[​IMG]

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ok ill bite. What are you referring to?

3. birddseedd

you don't see that big piece of angle iron welded to the back of the a frame?

4. birddseedd

or used to be welded anyway

5. dieselss

I see a whole bunch of steel. Not sure what's right and what's wrong. Elaborate maybe?

6. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Piece at the back with two tubes

7. dieselss

So that piece is supposta be welded to the a-frame by them 2 pieces of flat stock that looks to only be 3" wide?

8. birddseedd

the angle iron was placed onto the back of the a frame and then welded to the a frame. almost in place where it shows in the picture. you can even see the weld line where the angle iron was welded to the a frame. i dont know why. but ill have meyer ears next week

9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good BS, happy plowing!

10. birddseedd

iv always wondered why it was welded on there. i just cant see any reason for it. anyone have an idea?

11. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

mother of god what did you do bird?

12. birddseedd

It wasn't me

13. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

It looks like the normal handy work

14. birddseedd

Well it ain't my handy work. It was there when I bought it. For whatever reason

15. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Who ever build / modified this unit should be shot and pi**** on, then buried face down in a shallow grave! Remember we talked about "liability" and being responsible for the equipment you operate? This is the kind of thing that falls off on the highway and kills people. I hope this is not one of your units Birdseed. Even if you didn't do the work the owner is responsible for the safety of the equipment he / she sends out on the road. Notice also that the bolts at the rear of the angle rams have the nuts on top? When the nuts come loose the bolts fall out the bottom. Then not only do you loose your angle function but think about that bolt coming at your windshield at 100 mph (50 mph each oncoming). Personally I hope that someone from your occupational health and safety looks on this website so they can have a look at this operator's other equipment before someone dies.

16. dieselss

It's his plow nick. That's the hodge podge one he built and modified that he's always raving about

17. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You need to go back to one if his first threads to see the mess he slapped together to put a plow on his truck. I can't tell you how many times he claimed this setup was "safe". Or how many times people told him it was gonna fall apart.

18. birddseedd

Not sure reaching is the best word. But with this piece gone and proper ears in the mail, at least this issue will be solved.

I did find out e guy was trying to plow over a curb. Likely why it broke. And its obvious bad design. If it had proper ears this whole time it would have never lasted.

19. dieselss

"IF" it was proper it would have lasted you mean

20. Emans_scapes

Emans_scapes Member

What a joke. Buy yourself a four wheeler with a plow so you don't kill anyone. Or a big shovel. Seriously with a winter like this you haven't scrapped that and upgraded? I realize I don't know anyone's financial situation but if you weren't able to save money this winter how could you pay your bills with an average winter?