1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MeyerST-78

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by emcinc, Dec 27, 2001.

1. emcinc

emcinc Junior Member
    from NJ

I have an old Meyer ST-78 that went on a 1976 Jeep CJ7. I just bought a 1990 Jeep Cherokee and want to use the plow with it. Meyer said I couldn't but I've heard otherwise. Does anyone out there know what frame changes I have to make to fit it on the Cherokee?:confused:

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

The difference is in the mounting frame. They will tell you that you should get the two-meter plows. Same length but lighter weight. I have used both on my Toyota and my brother's Jeep CJ. The a frames are different and usually have a different spread on the mounting ears. I would suggest that you start by getting the right mounting frame for the Cherokee. This may be some $$$ new, but you may be able to find it used. Then you can have a welder change the plow ears if necessary to fit the frame. You may need to add some load boosters to handle the weight on the front end.

Also do a search on Cherokees. A similiar question was asked not to long ago.

3. BATTLIN_BLAZES

BATTLIN_BLAZES Member

1976 plow ....wouldnt that be hydraulic run off the v-belts?

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Jeep was 1976 he did not state the plow age. ST-78 were made with the e-47s. My brother has one on his 84 CJ-7. CJ frames are basically all the same in the front. The plow and hydraulics are not really the issue IMO. I think the expense will be in finding a new mounting frame.