1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers x-reference

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by tarandy93, Jan 9, 2005.

1. tarandy93

tarandy93 Junior Member

Folks I originally posted this on the dealers forum then realized I wasn't exactly offering any business to them. My bad, maybe you Ford guys can educate a first-timer...and my apologies to the other forum readers

I'm looking to put a used plow on a used up 96 F150Ext. It's only for my driveway. Doing it on the cheap so probably gonna do it "one piece at a time". I have found a couple of mount choices on the NET auction sites that are within driving distance and my purse strings. Putting all opinions about 1/2 tons and brands aside I need to find a some kind of x-reference for ez-mount (classic?) and Ford to see if the mounts for sale will fit my frame. Even have part numbers, tried the Meyers site and didn't see much. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Also, Do the crumple zones on the nose of frame inhibit mount attachment?
    thanks again
    -Andy

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Andy, shoot me the mount numbers and truck info you have and i can cross check at work.

3. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

Theres a meyers uni mount setup on ebay for 92-96 F150's. You may be able to piece something together from this.

4. tarandy93

tarandy93 Junior Member

Crash/Bikeluver

The one on e-bay is the one I was looking at. It's close to where I work, just hate to lay out the money cause it "might" fit. e-bay #7946852405. Here's the P#s he references. Very surprised the info isn't easier to find.

Brackets 11534, 11535, 11369, 11370 frame 17106.

Again my trucks a 96F150 ext cab...gonna stiffen it up a bit.
    Thanks for the replys.
    -Andy

5. tarandy93

tarandy93 Junior Member

Just an update. Got an EM from Meyers tech support. They said it's the wrong mount. Hairs on my neck tingle when I hear the phrase "should fit". Usually doesn't come out in my favor. Thanks again for the effort, will keep looking.
    Regards
    -Andy

6. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

That mount on ebay will fit your truck, it may not fit your plow frame that you bought though. I've found that any mounts made for the 92-96 F250/F350 go further down the frame than the F150 mounts. The 250/350 mounts extend behind the shock towers on each side, where the F150 mounts stop before that on the frame. I was trying to piece together a setup of my own and ended up finding a minute mount setup for $500 in excellent shape-completely recondition with new pump, hoses everywhere, and hydralic cylinders, the guy just wants the old conventional mount not the minute mount for his 84 F350. His mounting/push plates would fit on my truck except they extend too far down the frame and I'd have to cut them. I opted to just buy some new push plates and have a complete setup ready to go for just over $600. Hope you find the parts you need, and I'll keep an eye out.

7. jscementhead

jscementhead Junior Member

TRy Rustrepair.com scroll down to bottom of page and there is a snow plow button. This will bring you into a site that has alot of plow mount diagrams