1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers won't angle

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cneglia, Jan 3, 2006.

1. cneglia

cneglia Junior Member

I bought my first plow last July and disconnected it from the Jeep until winter. Everything worked fine in July. When I hooked it up last night it would only angle left and right a few inches. It did go up and down fine. Now I had disconnected the hoses, could something be stuck or clogged? How do I check the fluid in this thing?

2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

When you unplugged the couplers was it hard to plug / unplug them????Rob

3. cneglia

cneglia Junior Member

Yes Actually

The right coupler down by the angler unit was very tough to get in. I really had to muscle the thing on. Is it a bad hose?

4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Replace both sets of couplers and Ill bet your trouble goes away.....Rob

5. cneglia

cneglia Junior Member

Not to be a pain

But is it just the coupler that gets replaced or the entire hose. Also do I have to bleed the system? Anything I should watch out for?

Thanks for your help. These boards are great.

6. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Sounds like a bad coupler. How cold out when you were hooking it up? If below freezing, you could have ice in system. If so you need to warm and flush.

7. cneglia

cneglia Junior Member

Thanks ! ! ! ! ! !

It hit 45 degrees today so I went out and played around with the couplers and guess what...IT WORKS ! ! ! !

Thanks a bunch for your help. I still want to warm flush the system incase there is more ice. Is that something that I can find on the Meyer's website in those PDF files?

8. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

What happens is when the couplers start to fail they have built in shut off's and the shut off's will not the fluid flow. Even though you prob have one coupler failing it will not allow the plow to angle either way. So its always a good place to start to look at. A tell tail sign that you have a bad coupler is the hoses are hard to disconnect or nearly impossible to get them to plug them back together. Good luck in your repairs.....Rob