1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers wiring

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by gafred, Feb 20, 2012.

1. gafred

gafred Member
    from Boone

Looking for some help from veteran Meyers users, techs, mechanics,etc,,

I am installing an older Myers setup on a 1993 Ford F350 4x4 gasoline powered P\U, for harness 15764SP what is the best location to tap into the power?

The truck has been reassembled after going thru a complete rebuild and want to avoid cutting the trucks wiring harness.
  2. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

Right from the battery post
  3. gafred

gafred Member
    from Boone

I should have been a little clearer, for the key on power for the controller. thanks!
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  4. countryboy1365

countryboy1365 Member

I use one of these and go for the radio or power mirror fuse. They're key on and if for some reason you have an electrical issue with your controler your truck can run with out them. they are available and any auto supply store just make sure its rated for the amp draw the cheaper ones are only rated for a 10 amp fuse on the accy side.
  5. gafred

gafred Member
    from Boone

I'll look for that fuse tap,,,, thanks!!!
  6. Murphy4570

Murphy4570 Member

I like to use one of the unused accessory fuse spots in the factory fusebox. Add an extra terminal into the box, pop in your fuse, and wire it to the controller harness. Very clean installation.

I have entire wiring harness assemblies for older Fords and Dodges for just this reason. Salvaging parts from factory wiring harnesses comes in handy for little projects like this.