1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyers,western conversion

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by finnegan, Dec 15, 2000.

1. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

just tossing this out to the experts,we have an f-250 with a meyers set up now and I've come across a 8 proplow moldboard and sector <everything that doesn't stay on the truck> for $75.00 it all looks newer but its been through a fire and needs paint

It looks like it would fit the truck with some welding,I just wanna know if you guys think its worth the trouble??????
  2. Psyclopse

Psyclopse Member

Sure, it can work with a little bit of welding-lovin'. Someone on this board said in a different post that in some cases it may just bolt right up.

I'm curious though, what's wrong with the Meyer?
  3. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

the meyer isn't comercial grade,no shock absorber, it's also a foot shorter.
  4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I know a meyer will pin to the western frame, you may need to modify the meyer clevis pin point, to accept the western plow.
  5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

For $75 dollars,Id buy it fir a spare,are the cylinders any good? or toast.Get it mounted up,weld up new or reposition the brackets,but make sure the old blade will still mount up.Then keep the Meyer as a spare.
  6. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

thanks john I think i'll keep the meyers as a spare
  7. Psyclopse

Psyclopse Member

I'd buy it if I were you. Even if it doesn't fit and you don't want to modify it, you could clean it up and sell it real easy this time of year (especially if you lived anywhere close to me (haha)). I'd say it would be an easy task to make it fit though.