1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers transfer questions

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Ryan03, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Ryan03

Ryan03 Junior Member

I have a 2003 Chevy 2500 HD. I would like to install a meyers custom classic 7.6 on it that I got from a 79 ford F 250 I used to own. I have aquired a EZ classic mount and hoop from a 2006 Chevy 1500, which I am told will need some slight mods to fit a 2500HD.

I was told the A frame on the custom classic is about 5 inches longer than the one on the EZ classic, which will make the mold board stick out kind of far. Is this the only difference between the EZ and classic as far as mounting goes ?

My other question is the 2006 1500 chevy mount that I want to use vs the 2500HD mount that is called for. I was told that the 1500 mounts rear support braces to the truck frame cross member is about 3/4 of an inch to short for a 2500hd, thus it will have to be lengthened accordingly. Is this info correct? Are there any other differences ?

Thanks, Ryan
  2. Murphy4570

Murphy4570 Member

Yeah, the A frame is longer on plows designed for the old obsolete custom classic mount. You might like the plow sticking out a bit farther, might not. Give it a try.
  3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i have no problems with the older plows on newer trucks except for the lift chain being in the wrong place.
    i solve that problem by moving it to the lock pin plate on the pivot section of the arc on the sector
  4. Ryan03

Ryan03 Junior Member

Thanks for verifying the info about the custom classic A frame being longer, as well as confirming that it will work on a EZ classic mount.Thumbs Up:bluebounc Does anyone have any info on modding a 1500 mount to fit a 2500HD ?