1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers+TJ Help

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by BigDBoots, Nov 16, 2010.

1. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

Fellas,

Background: I have been reading the forum for over the last year looking at what everyone says about company's and their products. I have decided this fall to pull the trigger and have lost out on a handful of plows for my LJ. I am basically being given, for a nominal fee, a used Meyers TM 6.5 plow for my 2006 Jeep LJ... any idea on what truck side mount I need to track down? I researched Meyers' site and came up with the EZ-mount classic? It is coming from a guy who takes care of his equipment and had purchased it in appx. 1998, he thought, and built a custom mount for his 4Runner when he got rid of his TJ. He sold the TJ mount when he sold the jeep. All help is greatly appreciated. Note: I had this in the Meyers section and was told to put it here.
    Eric

2. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

good luck, its just hard to even find mounts for the tj....when I do its big money and I cant afford to buy new...Ive been trying to find a used mount and then get the plow that fits.....seems easier to get the whole plow set up than it is the dang mount....plus Im not a fab guy so I cant even make another work....or what one to get and modify.....

3. festerw

festerw Senior Member

18080 is the mount, should be available new from a dealer.

4. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

thanks fellas, it seems like the plow+controller+lights are going to cost me next to nothing but the mount is going to cost$$$ only one I have found is 700.00.... feel the pain. My wallet is getting a little teary eyed. I do have the blessings of my lady. She wants a jeep as well!

5. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Plow for next to nothing, mount for $700....seems like a win/win to me
    since a new comparable Meyer setup for your Jeep is what, $3700?

6. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

thanks Luppy, I am sure I will hit you up for some more info as our Jeeps are comparable

7. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

Anyone have thoughts on the toggle vs the Slick-Stik?

8. HeavyD

HeavyD Member

I have the Slik Stik and really like it....but I have never had anything else, so I guess I can't compare...except the the new controllers are MUCH more expensive to replace/repair.

9. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Never had the toggle but did have the slick stick and hated it.
    Very few places to mount it in the TJ and always found myself leaning
    forward to reach it and getting in/out of the Jeep it would sometimes
    stab my knee. Switched to a touchpad a few years back and life was much
    easier.