1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyers sux!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jeffro, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Jeffro

Jeffro Member

*uck!

i went to go drive the pic me up to the bank and the tavern, damn plow wont pick up! new meyers touch pad dealy and harness, shoot. most of the controls stuff is new..............not been touched on a few days though......
    wtf could be wrong?

bte.side tracked tha bank.went staright to the tavern :drinkup:

i'm not a full timer..can ya tell? though.if the plow aint workin.i aint getting freebies from the bar since i do a couple guy's driveways ...

next year i'm getting a commercial snowblower for sure.tired of playing with used junk :gunsfiring:

2. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

When ya push the button can ya hear if the pump is turning on???
    I'd check first that and also any fuses in the system.

3. Jeffro

Jeffro Member

no the touch pad doesnt light up either.......course i'm kinda lit right now. :nod:

usually the touch pad lights up when it is on but it doesnt now

i dont know WTF is wrong........maybe i shoulda kept the toggle switches?

4. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Green light or red light in the right corner of the pad? Are they on?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  5. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

It is an electrical problem. What year plow? Check all connections outside and inside. Make sure you Wiggle the connections outside, take them apart, put them back together and all that jazz. Make sure truck is off. Then try it again.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  6. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

"course i'm kinda lit right now."

Put the controls down and wait till tomorrow.

7. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree.
    If you plow for beer money, you might as well get out of it. Don't drink and drive or operate the plow either.

8. Mark F

Mark F Senior Member

What ever your problem is, it sounds simple. I bet your key pad got unplugged or fuse or bad connection. Good luck! 2nd on the dont drink & drive. Remember you drink, you drive, you die thats simple too.

9. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

This post sounds like a player to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you really want help learn to talk/type in proper english, not street lingo.....

10. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

And Meyer gets a bad rep from guys like this? Maybe now I see why the word is "they suck" but in practice work like a horse. I love my Meyer plow!

11. Mark F

Mark F Senior Member

oh I forgot to say. I love my meyers to. Some day their going to fix their v-blade and its going to kick butt on the compition. I hope!

12. mickman

mickman Senior Member

take 2 aspirin & don't call me in the a.m. :sleeping:

13. Jeffro

Jeffro Member

holy cripes!

do i drink and drive? no.

is plowing my job? no.i'm a electrician....i plow mine and my neighbors drives...they hand me a bottle of booze here and there for being kind! :rolleyes:

i have no lights what so ever on the hand control.....i am gonna take a better look in a while to tyr and fix it..

BTW..did i come across in numerous posts about bashing meyers? shoot no! i actually like mine alot, especially since hardly anyone around here has one. i'm just tiring of playing with older junk. it doesnt pay for me to have a brand new one at all. And whats that mean abot me being a player?? WTF is it?? :(

14. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

I have had a Meyers C-8 for two yrs now bought it used i have had my problems with it but i will say it has been to hell and back.... I would buy another meyers.!!! :salute:

15. trying to make

trying to make Member

Take a beer look ,I mean a better look at it when your in a better mood.Sounds like an easy fix.Sorry I could not pass up the bashing.But I will say I love my Boss no chain no bounceing and very little left on truck when not in use.Bad points.If someone steels the plow, Not much they need to make it work.

16. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Should have some kind of "hot" wire comming from the fuse panel of the vehicle, I would check my fuses, there may even be an inline fuse in that wire also.

My Meyers 7'6" is better than either one of the two westerns i had, and almost as good as the snoway i once had

17. Jeffro

Jeffro Member

welp..took a wonderful look at the unit.......sorry for the ghetto talk and such.most think i'm "real",why...some think i'm ghetto..sorry for offending both.

checked power on the plug, (it's what players do) even ground, it's all good.

turned my garage heater on.had this dumb feeling...(musta been a "drunk" feeling) held the touch pad near the heater to warm it up some.....put it back in the truck....BINGO!!!!

Explain to me this.why does a 300 dollar PLOW controller need to be WARM to operate properly? WTF is that??

and to think my drunken drivin, ghetto talking , meyers bashing, spell checking enabler this post butt figured it out? MUSTA BEEN A MIRACLE RIGHT??? :yow!:

hate to say it but.........meyers still sucks :jester:

18. Jeffro

Jeffro Member

btw, whoever posted in my last thread.....thank you!

absolute and grape juice is wonderful :drinkup:

19. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I got it he prob just spilled his beer on the controller!!!! Is it just me but do you find it funny that an "electrician" is having an electrical prob????

20. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Yo Jeffro,
    Hate to think what you had to say about your Packers after my Vikes sent them packing! Talk about dealing with old junk... :D

Just kidding Jeffro. Keep that controller warm and the beer cold!

Buck