1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers snow plow slow moving

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by DCMPLOWING, Jan 30, 2011.

1. DCMPLOWING

DCMPLOWING Junior Member

I have a meyers 7.5 plow with e-60 motor.plow motor seems to really labor when moving left or right and up& down.new 130 alternator,good battery,cleaned battery post,solenoid,motor and coils and last check fluid.thanks dcm plowing

2. B&E snowplowing

B&E snowplowing Senior Member

DCM,

I had the same problem with my plow, same pump as yours, infact it would labour so much that i would almost make the truck stall. I replaced the plow motor, and all was good, and works great again

3. DCMPLOWING

DCMPLOWING Junior Member

Thankyou

Thanks for the help.just needed some confirmation on problem before i sink any more time and money into plow.

4. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

I had the same problem with mine. I actually tore mine down and cleaned it up for a temp fix

5. lnwing

lnwing Junior Member
    from Pa

My E-60 labors while slowly angling to the left, but up, down, and right all operate normally.

Any ideas?

6. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

bad quick coupler.

7. lnwing

lnwing Junior Member
    from Pa

Thanks, No Lead. You were right on the money! I changed out both sets of quick couplers and it works like a charm.

Thanks again!

8. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

:salute:......