1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers snocommander

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MDurling, Oct 7, 2008.

1. MDurling

MDurling Junior Member

I have an old Dodge 84 with an even older Meyers plow package. The pump is engine driven but not installed in intended location. Pump was mounted where power steering pump mounts thus deleating the power steering unit. I want to remount plow on another truck 86 Dodge, can anyone tell where to aquire the correct pump mounting hardware? Any information/advice will be appreciated, thanks Mike:dizzy:

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If you can't find the parts. Try a good welding shop. They can fab a bracket up for you. It will not be cheap and you have to figure out the drive belt part of it. Or go with a electric over hydraulic pump like the E47 / E57/ E60 etc. Search " Snow Plow Parts " on the INTERNET. You might get lucky.

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i would consider switching to the electric.... it will make things easy .....

4. MDurling

MDurling Junior Member

The information I have gleaned from other threads on this site lean to belt driven systems being superior with Fishers being the gold standard. I have located a source for old Meyers plow parts thanks to this site. I had considered switching to electic system but found it to be very expensive, pump alone more than I paid for my truck.Thanks Plowsite.com great resource, Mike

5. MDurling

MDurling Junior Member

Found 70's Dodge with factory plow package installed. Took some pictures for reference. It's all good, installation is almost complete. Turns out the plow pump was in correct location, they moved power steering pump up above the water pump. have located all brackets except idler pulley bracket and will probably fabricate that one. Thanks to all for the input, Mike

6. jjjj

jjjj Junior Member

I have an 89 dodge with an old meyers plow, I have four crank pulley's, a power steering pump, an air pump, I had to switch the factory bracket that holds the alternater to the old style bracket and old style alternater everything seems as though it will work except I need a water pump pulley with four v grooves

7. jjjj

jjjj Junior Member

ok the other alternater is back on and it has reallybeen a long day, the 4 v groove pulley was a beotch however it works, the alt is going to work with a few modifications,