1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers Salt Spreader - Receiver Mount

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Tiller1240, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Tiller1240

Tiller1240 Junior Member

I have two Meyer's Type Salt Spreaders for sale.

-Standard hitch receiver mounts
    -600lb capacity
    -The units are about 4-5 years old, but we replaced the motors and spinner plates on both last year. Both motors are 100% operational and ready to go.
    -Hoppers are very good condition, no cracks or holes. Both with lids
    -One unit has a newly installed custom-fabricated mounting bracket. The new bracket uses thicker steel and additional support arms than the standard Meyer's style mount.

$450 for the unit with the new mount (my cost for upgrading the mount was $100)
    $400 for the unit with the original mount
    I would prefer someone local, but I am willing to strap these to a pallet and send via FedEx Freight (at your cost of course).

We currently have these two units installed on two of our trucks. We have installed them directly from the spreader into a on/off switch in the cab (this has worked great for us). I may have a spare controller somewhere if you need one.

If you are interested or have any questions, please send me an email. Unfortunately I am not able to get on here everyday, so email is the easiest way to get ahold of me. You can reach me at Gary@PerfiCut.net. Thanks!

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Tiller1240

Tiller1240 Junior Member

bump bump bump

3. Tiller1240

Tiller1240 Junior Member

bump bump bump

4. PM/FF

PM/FF Junior Member

Willing to drop the price for a sale? I work in AA county...fire department...so I could pick it up....

5. Tiller1240

Tiller1240 Junior Member

PM/FF....make me an offer, maybe we can work something out.

6. onemancrew

onemancrew Member
    from NW,IA

Do you still have one for sale? Are you willing to ship to me? zip is 51046. give me a shipping quote. I will be having surgery monday so I will check back wed.

7. MooreLand24

MooreLand24 Junior Member