1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers Saber Headlight ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by WOODY367, Dec 6, 2003.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I need the wiring diagram of the wires that go in to the lights. I have a friend truck that he cut the factory plug of the lights which is 6 wire and tried splicing them into a 5 wire harness. He now has a problem with the head lights being dim and back feeding the high beam dash indicator. I think he has the ground wire and the low beam wire reversed. I need to know what each color wire is for. I would rather know for sure what I am doing with out guessing. Any help would be great.:)

2. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

What do you really want to acomplish? I can tell you how to get your lights working temporaily. I'll be around for a while.

3. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I want to know what each color wire in the light it self is for. ( blue=?, White=?) and so on. If I am right a 5 wire harness like most lights use have 1 ground wire. The Saber has 2 grounds.

4. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

All you got to do is dis-assemble the light case. You can then see which color wire goes to what light. Track down what you need. You can always tell the ground wire by where it is mounted. It will be hooked to the frame inside the lens area and also it should be the horizontal pin on the main bulb.

5. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Thanks I will check it out once he comes in from plowing for dinner break. We have about 12" on the ground now and predicting another 6' tonight. I just got done replacing the alternator in my truck and getting some eats. See ya later.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2003
  6. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Let us know how it went.

7. penberth

penberth Member

I have my directions scanned in and can post them here if you want. Let me know.

8. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Bryan if you can email them to me it might help. I should be able to figure it out but I will take any heip. Thanks

9. penberth

penberth Member

I will post them here, you can just right click on them and do save.
    Without PMs I don't know how to get your e-mail address.

I started with page 2 because page 1 just shows the contents of the package. Page 4 just shows the light configurations and the Meyer adapter number that you need. Let me know and I will post those two pages if you want them.

But really page 2 and 3 are the full instructions.

Page 2

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2003
  10. penberth

penberth Member

Page 3

[​IMG]