1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers Road Pro

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NJjunior973, Apr 3, 2011.

1. NJjunior973

NJjunior973 Senior Member
    from NW NJ

Saw this advertised on their website... who else would love to be plowin in this?:D

roadpro-ford.jpg

2. bubbles10

bubbles10 Member

a guy close to me has a setup like this but it has a western on it. the truck look sweet

3. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I would love to be plowing behind the wheel of that truck. No way I would have that POS Meyer plow. A truck like that needs a real blade!

4. NJjunior973

NJjunior973 Senior Member
    from NW NJ

hahaha i agree, like a western! :mechanic:

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have no erge to ever owne a F-650. But, if I did I wouldn't put a Meyer Road Pro on it. I would put a 11' plow and wing on it.

6. Pushin 2 Please

Agree. If you have something like that, you better make it earn its keep!

7. E-MAN NY

E-MAN NY Senior Member

Fisher

A nice BIG Fisher on it would make it complete!!!:drinkup:

8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Ya, a 10' Fisher MC would be alot better then that Drive Pro.

9. Pushin 2 Please

Than again, anything would be better than that Drive Pro!

10. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Meyer seems to have a reputation of being such a joke its unbelievable. Being that I talk about snow plows a lot with a lot of different people and I have never heard one positive thing about meyer plows, it makes me wonder how they are still in business. I personally have never used one, but just looking at their construction alone I've made up my mind that I won't be owning one anytime soon.

11. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

X2 :drinkup:

12. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

And yet in the SIMA magazines the advertisement has the CEO saying "there is a difference, you have my word on it"
    LOL

13. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Does he say different in which way? Good or bad :)

14. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Price is why they sell. They are a lot cheaper to buy here compared to a Fisher or Boss and this is why many people around here buy them. My Boss dealer told me they have a tough time selling plows because the Meyer are being sold much cheaper. A Meyer/Diamond 7'6 is $4700 with installation while a comparable Boss, Fisher or Western is about 6 grand with no installation.

15. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Yank that yellow crap off and thow a 10ft BOSS V on it and then you would have the ultimate plow rig.

16. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

The price is why Meyers sells plows and I ran on for 15 yrs on different sized trucks and the worked great for there use. And they are easy to fix but it gets old fixing in a storm. Now I run a Western and it has had its share of issues to. I believe all the plows have issue some better or worse then others. Just my 2 cents

17. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

yea meyer plows suck :rolleyes:

18. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

all the parts stores around here have a big inventory of meyers parts in stock all the time. WHY WOULD THAT BE?

19. Pushin 2 Please

Because nobody is buying them, therefore they don't sell replacement parts!

20. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

I would take it. Im not a ford guy but Im sure I could put someone in it to run it. I like my meyer plows. They make money. What else are they suppose to do?