1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers Pump not working

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jeffl, Nov 30, 2012.

1. jeffl

jeffl Junior Member

Not sure where to look next. Need some help.
    This is the first time this year I have hooked anything up.
    So I will start with the pump which I am trying to fix now. I went over a friends house who picked up a E60 pump from his friend with mount. He does not plow so he wanted to give it to me. I gladly accepted. When I got there I hooked up to see if it worked. I hooked all wiring and nothing and got the Red Triangle come on no matter what I pushed. I have the touch pad with the 4 yellow raised triangles with on off button on bottom right. So I did not think much of it. Just got my E60 out from garage and hooked that up. So thing is happening with mine hooked up. So I started playing around and now I am stumped. I first put jumper cables from battery to both of the motors. They both work. So, I then ran out and go a new selonoid and replaced. Also, I cut off the end on which wire going to top terminal on selonoid and replaced. Wire is a little dark but it shows good with continuity test. So does test on the ground from battery to motor and the hot from both battery to one side of selonoid and the other wire going from other side of seloinoid to motor. So after I did all of that, now if I hit the up button, I get a click. If I hit the right button, I get a click. And if I hit either the left or the down button, nothing at all. And when I hit any of the buttons the red triangle overload light comes on. I am stumped with where to go next to find this problem.:confused:
  2. jeffl

jeffl Junior Member

Just in case anyone has and advice were to go. Here is where I am at now. I have two E60 pumps and 2 controllers. Both are doing the same exact thing. If I hit the up or right on the controller I get the red overload come on and the selonoid just clicks once and goes off. If I hit the left I get no overload light and I can just keep clicking and it seems to work like normal. Same with down. No overload. (This is all without the pumps hooked up to wires)
    If I hook all the wires on the pumps, the same thing happens but the left button also trips the overload light so all buttons trip it.
  3. jeffl

jeffl Junior Member

Ok figured it out.