1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers Problems

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BOTTLEDCA, Feb 12, 2002.

1. BOTTLEDCA

BOTTLEDCA Junior Member

mY MEYERS PLOW STARTED LEAKING FLUID LIKE CRAZY , ON THE A47 MODEL THERE IS A SMALLL HOLE BELOW THE ELECTRIC MOTOR AND IT IS PUMPING OUT THERE. cAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG.
    Is this a check valve and the pump is plugged ? or what ? i also lost my manual .the sytem is old it is on a 1975 chev 3/4 ton

2. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

take the motor off and where the small bar is that turns the motor is a small cup seal I believe Meyers calls it a packing seal. carefully pry the old one out with a screwdriver and then place the new one in place find a socket on top of it and tap in in place. If you need a breakdown go to Chucks pages and find one there. Also Angelo's may have one on thier web site. As well order the part there if you don't have a local supplier.

3. BOTTLEDCA

BOTTLEDCA Junior Member

CAN SOME ONE GIVE ME THE ADDRESS FOR ANGELOS SITE ?

4. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

Angelo's Snow Parts Supplies

5. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

6. BOTTLEDCA

BOTTLEDCA Junior Member

LOOKING AT THE DIAGRAM AT ANGELLOS THE HOLE I AM SPEAKING OF IS LOCATED ON THE PART THAT THE MOTOR BOLTS ON TO BELOW WHERE THE #9 IS SHOWN. THE CUPP SEAL WOULD THIS JUST STOP THE OIL FROM GOING UP TO THE MOTOR . THIS IS NOT WHAT IS GOING ON

7. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

Part #10 on the breakdown is the seal i am talking about. that hole is there so when the seal goes bad or melts out the oil drains and doesn't back up int th motor.