1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Rocket4, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Rocket4

Rocket4 Junior Member

I have a Meyer E-60 pump, it will not lower down at all, an it will not angle left. It seems to be stuck all the way right. Didn't hit anything, Its worked fine all day then just did this. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

When was the fluid changed? What does the fluid look like? Any history of having water in the pump?

3. FourDiamond

FourDiamond Senior Member

Check for magnetism at the "A" coil (black wire). If there is magnetism, replace the 'A" valve, or check for a clogged filter or blocked passageway. I never saw a blocked filter if the pump has been serviced regularly. If there is power out of the black wire, but no magnetism to the "A' coil, replace the coil. If there is no power to the black wire at the "A" coil check for power at the black wire at the switch, if there is power into the black wire, but none at the end, its a bad wiring harness. Lastly, check your touchpad fuse, if the fuse is good then its your touchpad. Trouble shoot each component individually and you should be able to solve the problem, Go online a look for a Meyers service manual,, it has a complete diagnostic flow chart. Its saved my butt more than once.

4. Rocket4

Rocket4 Junior Member

Fluid was just changed 2 months ago. I will start checking tomorrow, Thanks for the help

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Sounds like the pump has water and froze since everything stopped working at once. A coil/valve only deals with down. If you have a heated garage you can park the truck inside for the nite and if it is frozen everything should work in the am.