1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyers prob sorry for the post but

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by oddball, Oct 28, 2003.

1. oddball

oddball Junior Member
    from canada

i just got a meyers e-47 set up had prob with it drifting down, was reading on this site and replaced the A valve as that seemed to be the most logical after reading. Now the problem is after the plow is raised it still drifts down but you can hear the motor turning as it falls? anyone with ideas on this , o rings maybe ?

great site by the way lots of good info

thanks for your time sorry if this has been covered couldn't seem to find anything similar

2. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

It sounds like you actually have a E-46. The pump check valve is bad causing fluid to leak by and turn the pump and motor backwards. If this is a E-47 you also have a bad "B" valve and "B" check valve along with a bad pump check valve.

3. XPECTATIONS

XPECTATIONS Member
    from SE PA

NEW MEYERS

My first plow was new in '94, Sorry to say it was a Meyers. It is an E-47 with a joystick. It leaked down from the first time i lifted it up. It takes approx. 2Hrs. to seep down. It also froze up the first night I used it. The dealer told me this was not uncommon, and if this was not OK, I should not have bought a Meyers!! He told me Meyers was in the parts business, not the reliable plow business!!!!!!!!

I still have the truck and plow;However just about everything on the plow has been fixed or replaced, the plow still leaks down. And always has. It is my assumption that it is a quality issue with the machining, It has plowed for years, but it still works(with alot of TLC).

4. oddball

oddball Junior Member
    from canada

it's possibly a e-46 it's old i thought e-47 because thats the only pics i could find that where close. the s #'s are gone off it so thats all i had to go by sorry

thanks for the reply i will look into the pump check thanks

5. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

does the pump have power angle or look like this, with the angle block on the side?

1111e47pic.jpg

6. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I think the E46 only went up and down right??? Therefore it would only have the a valve to lower the plow (Black Wire)

If it is an e47 the a valve controls lowering. Drifting down sounds like a valve problem but could also be internal. Does the plow lower normally when you lower the switch?

7. Big Nate's Plowing

yes e46 is power up-gravity down only, however you can add a power angle block without a problem and have a e47;)

heres a pic of the e-46

e46.jpg

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Re: NEW MEYERS

Amazing!!! The thing is, this isn't the first time I've read that on this site and apparently from people who own Meyers. You'd think a company that has been in business that long would be proud of their product. For their own dealers to say that is really sad.

9. oddball

oddball Junior Member
    from canada

BIG NATE the second pic is what mine looks like same rusty crap to lol. it drifts down and the motor does sound like it's running backwards , if i hit the switch for it to drop it drops faster then the drift, but it only takes a couple of mins to drop down at drift pace. looking at replacing the pump valve stuff , looks like theres only a popit and spring with a guide can't be that hard to replace if i can still get parts

10. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

There will be a o-ring, seat, ball and then the spring on the pump check valve. Pump check valve is located between the pump and the base.

11. Big Nate's Plowing

snowlane beat me to it but here is a blowup of a e47-46 w/ angle block
    [​IMG]

12. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Every dealer I talk to says that. It is a common saying.

Does not mean that it is true.

13. oddball

oddball Junior Member
    from canada

thanks for the help guy's problem solved. :drinkup: