1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyers plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mike330, Jan 6, 2002.

1. mike330

mike330 Junior Member

I just put my plow on for the fist time this year, i got it to go up but wont come back down, or move left to right it makes the sound when i ry to go left or right but does not move, is there a way to get it down so i can find out the problem???

2. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

It would be a big help if you would post what kind of unit you are running.

Bruce

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

IS it just a clicking sound?

Check the power and ground wires for clean connections.

4. Nutri-Lawn

Nutri-Lawn Junior Member
    from NJ

plow

Double check all electrical connections are made. You may have 4-6 plugs to join together.

5. highpoint2

highpoint2 Junior Member
    from 65203

MIKE
    I am a meyer plow service tech in Columbia, MO. Regardless of the model, chances are your problem lies in your ground. Before you do anything, make sure that your gorund is strong. That may save you lots of cussing.
    You asked if there is a way to get it down. There is, but watch your toes. There is a fluid drain plug on the front of the pump. Slowly un-do the drain plug. BE ADVISED>>>>>THIS WILL MAKE A HUGE MESS! ESPECIALLY IF IT SLAMS DOWN ON YOUR FEET!
    But if I were you , thats how id do it. Good luck and let me know how it goes!!!

6. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

NOT!

Letting the fluid out will not let it go down. Taking the rear valve out will let it go down (messy):eek: Thee best way to get it down is hook a wire to the positive side of the battery and touch it to the rear coil wire. Watch your toes.

7. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy Member

if you just want to get it down temporarily to work on it put a jack under it raise it up a little more,and pull the chain back through. then slowly let the jack back down, and you can decide what to do next. JMO, but thats what i would do before i did any work on it.

8. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Touchee'

It's always the simple things I miss.:D

9. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

At the very least put something under it so that it won't come down on you toes before you mess with anything else, electrical or mechanical....

(Mike posted at 10:39 a.m. and hasn't been back yet--I wonder if he's in the ER, or out plowing?)

10. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

Check your electrical connections. Start at the touchpad and work your way to the solenoid and then to the motor and the three plow solenoids. Check your ground at the battery and on the motor. The newer e-60h actually has two grounding studs on the motor because of previous problems. It may help to have a helper as you test the different areas. They can hit up, down, etc, as you check the connections under the hood with your testlight.

11. highpoint2

highpoint2 Junior Member
    from 65203

Highpoint,
    Well Bill you always knew i was ********. Thank you for correcting my thread so quickly.

Joel,
    If you REALLY want to know what to do about your problem, PM Highpoint, and ask him. He is a freeking brain when it comes to the diagnostics of the meyer systems. I am just a poser :D
    Good luck, and if you are in the ER, give us an adress to send the flowers and condolences. j\k :p

12. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

I'm thinking someone should open a seperate Meyers troubleshooting forum on plowsite. There are at least 3 or 4 threads running now just dealing with Meyers problems. Maybe even a "Meyers C Coil" forum...

Or maybe folks should just search before beginning a new thread like the moderators suggest....

13. highpoint2

highpoint2 Junior Member
    from 65203

"I'm thinking someone should open a seperate Meyers troubleshooting forum on plowsite. There are at least 3 or 4 threads running now just dealing with Meyers problems. Maybe even a "Meyers C Coil" forum...

Or maybe folks should just search before beginning a new thread like the moderators suggest...."

digger
    lets keep in mind that this was his first post ever. im sure if he was a thread posting pro like yourself, he would have done that, but i guess he isnt :eek:

14. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

FOLLOW THIS STEP BY STEP-This is what to do
    1st; if possible, jack the plow up higher to undo the chain,then let the plow down, then clean ALL connections from the plow pump,to the relay to the battery.
    2nd, whether u have an E47, or E60, there are 3-coils,1 w/red wire (for raise), 1 w/green (for right ), 1 w/black(lower), (as u can see ther are none for left, if the motor runs the plow will turn left). now hit your controller in the down position (make sure your ignition is on!)

3rd, take a test light to see if u have power at the plug for the small coil w/black colored plug(or wire) at the grill of the truck, if yes, go to step 4,if not find out why u dont have power.

4th, with key on and switch in down, lay a wrench or piece of metal across the nut on the small coil it should be magnatized,if not replace coil,if yes,remove coil ,remove valve. At this time when u remove valve u can push the ram down by hand (and make a real mess.) replace the valve ,re-install coil, re-fill oil level.

5th as far as youre left to right cleaning the connections should of helped if not let us know, good luck #1PT.

15. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

I didn't mean to sound critical--I'm just having trouble keeping up with all the open threads on Meyers stuff, and I'm forgetting what *I* posted, where...

16. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

"and I'm forgetting what *I* posted, where..."

You better get more organized so this doesn't happen again mister! ;) I hate when that happens, because it usually happens when I really want to keep up with a subject or thread.

BTW How is that Meyer repair going anyway? Mike330?

17. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

.sdrawkca-ssab sgniht teg ot dnet od I tub ,dezinagro erom eb ot yrt ll'I