1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers Plow won't lift or angle

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Warby, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Warby

Warby Junior Member
    from canada

Hi guys I am new here so please bear with me. My plow just stoppped lifting or angling either way. It has power coming to the punp and tries to lift and angle but doesn't. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
  2. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

Sorry but i have to ask........ Did you check the oil level? If not that try checking your batt or alt. A loss of power will make your plow real sluggish!
  3. Warby

Warby Junior Member
    from canada

I took the nut off of the top beside the two sileniods and there was lots of fluid. Is that where I should have looked? As for the alt it is working fine and the batteries are brand new. It isn't just sluggish it won't move at all. It just shudders a little.
  4. sefh

sefh Senior Member

What kind of pump do you have? I'm assuming an E47 or E60. It could be a few different things.
    1) Make sure your solenoid and pump are both grounded and the connection is clean.
    2) If they are, it might be a bad motor. You can take if off and use a set of jumper wire and test to make sure the pump is working.
    3) Not sure what ''nuts'' you took off, put there is bleeder screw and fill hole on the top left (if your standing in front of it).

Check all these out and let us know what pump you have.
  5. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

I would venture to guess it is frozen up due to water in the oil like many others in the past few days.
  6. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

7. FordPlow

FordPlow Junior Member

Drain your fluid---if it is green (puke color) with bubbles then you haven't had it changed it awhile and it needs change ASAP. You will also want to drain the hoses and angle rams.
    If you leave a little bit of junk fluid in it, the whole system will be contaminated.