1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers plow/truck issue

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Fred886, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Fred886

Fred886 Member

I have an issue with my plow and truck and am looking for suggestions where to start trouble shooting. I have a chevy Silverado 2500 with a 7.5 meyers poly plow. Whenever I go to float the plow with the controller or move the plow at all the truck stalls out. I'm going to start with battery connections, follow all the wires makes sure there are no shorts. Any other trouble shooting? Thank you

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Guessing something is shorting out ignition. What fuse did you tie into for the switched accessory?

3. Fred886

Fred886 Member

I'll check that out, thank you. The plow was installed when I got the truck. There has to be some sort of short somewhere.

4. kimber750

So it was working fine then started killing the truck?

5. Fred886

Fred886 Member

yep, plow worked fine during November and December. I did put a salt spreader on the truck but it only happens when I use the controllwr to put the plow down. No problems with the spreader. Could it be a weak battery?

6. kimber750

Down is when you would have the least amount of draw. But trace the small black wire back from the pump to look for any shorts. This is the wire used for down.