1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyers plow problems

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by j&blawn&snow, Feb 11, 2010.

1. j&blawn&snow

j&blawn&snow Junior Member

hope you guys can help me, i've run western plows for 15 years until i got a meyers this year for some boneheaded reason. it's been a constant struggle with breakdowns and now after 8 inches this last week it will only angle right which it does smoothly as well as up and down, but will not angle back left except once every 100 times. no dealership within 100 miles. not a brilliant mechanic but i work on my own stuff as much as i can hoping for a few suggestions before i tear it apart as we are supposed to get another 3 inchs this weekend, thanks for any help you can give
  2. Heimy

Heimy Junior Member

when i got my last new one 2 years ago, my dealer sells both and i asked him which one he told me to buy western(the one i was getting regardless) because the Meyers keep him to busy with repairs all winter.
  3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like c valve problems. likely stuck shifted. it is the green wire. carefully remove the coil, then the valve. see if the valve will shift freely. if not, that is your problem.