1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers plow lighting

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by pgkidd145, Jan 2, 2011.

1. pgkidd145

pgkidd145 Junior Member

I installed a installed a used EZ Classic plow on my 1997 GMC Suburban. Everything went on correctly. The plow lights that came with the plow are the Trucklites (5 prong) made for Meyers. A wiring harness came with them but its not in the greatest condition. Is there a new harness available that just plugs into everything or does everything need to be hard wired? I have a new Meyers #07548 (6 prong) harness and an adapter #07104 (6 prong) but they don't match my plow lights? Can I splice those lights into that new harness? Is there a 6 prong mating plug available? I didn't want to spend $300.00 on a new set of Sabre Plow Lights. Thanks.
  2. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

they make the wire kit (look on eBay) but I bet its half as much as the new lights.

Just make them work.
    The lights you say are 5 prong?
    3 for the headlight 2 for the park/turn light.
    I would think the extra whire on the 6 prong is just an extra ground

Just wire the turn/park light into the ones on the truck

the head lights, just put on a toggle switch, all it is is High/Low and a ground.
    this is what I did on my 97ford.
    Besure to put in a larger flasher and you might wnat to put in a relay for the headlights, like fog lights.

don't forget inline fuses!
  3. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

You could use the parts you have and make splice onnections to your lights but there really is no need. Those parts are for the Nite sabre lights

You can use P/N 07974 Meyer cut in harness for your truck lites that you already have, it is wired by splicing in the wiring running down the drivers side inner fender leading to the headlights.

It is kinda pricey from Meyer , you can find an aftermarket harness from many plow suppliers that directly matches the Meyer 07974.

It is shown in here : http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-625 R4 07969 Kit .pdf

Good luck with your lights.

4. pgkidd145

pgkidd145 Junior Member

I'm going to build my own harness. I don't need any modules with the lights I have. The wiring diagram looks pretty straight forward. Thanks for your responses. I may just sell the new wiring harness with the modules.