1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers Plow Light Adaptors?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Oddjobs0123, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Oddjobs0123

Oddjobs0123 Junior Member

I need to wire trucklite lights on my truck, and I saw on the meyers website that you can buy adaptors which look like they they are a 2 way splitter for me to splice into my stock headlights. My truck headlights are 9004 and meyers says i would need adapter 07046. is this just plug in and then does the adapter plug into the trucklite plugs? Or is there more to it than that?
  2. ShorePower

ShorePower Senior Member

You can not just tap off the existing headlights. The circuit would become overloaded. Run new power to either a 2 position switch( On-off-On) at the dash or using relays for High and low beams. Trucklight running lamps and turn signal can be tied in to front turn signal on truck. You may need a heavy duty flasher installed so the extra load of the new signal bulbs does not affect the flash speed.