1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyers plow keeps locking

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by conman1170, Dec 10, 2005.

1. conman1170

conman1170 Junior Member

hey guys, hope everyone had better luck than me with this storm. I have an older (mid 90's) Meyers 7 1/2 foot plow. Last storm plow would lock when angled all the way to the right. when this happened the coupler on the ram hose would lock up on the pump. only way to unlock it was to unscrew the hose, push plow back straight with hydro fluid squirting out and that would release the pressure on the coupler. i changed the hoses and coupler and after plowing for about12 hours yesterday it happened again when angled left. funny thing is plow would angle left no matter what way I pushed the controller. meaning even when i tried to angle right the plow would go left. i fooled around with it today with no luck. this afternoon i get in the truck and try it out just for ha-ha's and it worked no problem. it was obviously warmer this afternoon.....could it just be freezing?possibly a small amount of water in the lines? i have drained it 2 times this week out of the drain plug on the pump but obviously that does not drain the lines and rams. is that foolish to think or does anyone else have any ideas? thanks.

2. SnoForce

SnoForce Junior Member

Did you change both couplers?

3. Acmemechanic

Acmemechanic Senior Member

No angle

I belive that you may have a bad solonoid valve cartridge or a bad coil. Find a mechanic you trust or play art of elimination and start changing parts.The cartridges do go bad remove them 1 by 1 and inspect the screens in the small holes broken one will hang up the valve.Good Luck Acmemechanic:yow!: :yow!:

4. conman1170

conman1170 Junior Member

yes male and female parts of both sides