1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers Plow For Toyota

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Murf67, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Murf67

Murf67 Member

CONTACTED MILLS SUPPLY AND CENTRAL PARTS TO SEE IF I CAN GET AN EZMOUNT LIFT FRAM AND MOUNTING CARTON FOR MY 94 TOYOTA 4RUNNER...BOTH SAID THAT MEYER DOESN'T MAKE PLOWS FOR TOYOTA'S!!!!! CAN THIS BE??? I WENT TO THE MEYER'S WEBSITE AND THEY SHOW A TM6.5 FOR THE 4RUNNER. I TRIED CONTACTING MEYER'S DIRECT BUT THEY DON'T REPLY. ANY IDEAS:(

2. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

Toyota

My father buys a new toyota every 3 years, He has bought from different dealers and they all say the same thing. " Toyota is not ment for plowing snow" Toyota told us that no one makes a mount for a toyota. Told my father if he put a plow on his it would void his warranty.

3. Murf67

Murf67 Member

TOYOTA

I KNOW.....FUNNY BUT I HAVE SEEN QUITE A FEW TOYOTAS WITH SNOWPLOWS ON THEM. A GUY DWN MY BLOCK HAS A PICK-UP WITH A MEYER'S SET-UP.

4. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

My brother in law had a Meyers plow on a Toyota. It may void the warranty but it can be done.

5. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

Snoway makes a mount....

I think Blizzard makes one also.....
    Derek

6. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

7. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

Dont misunderstand !!!

Hi guys, Dont misunderstand I think toyota is a great truck & can get the job done. I was just passing along what a number of dealers has said.....

8. pjaln

pjaln Junior Member
    from mass.

salem brake & clutch in salem mass. says they can put a fisher 6,8 ld plow on a toyota ,but it must be a regular cab,4 cylinder stick,and must have the 31 inch tire setup from the factory ,if you know toyotas some have the smaller wheels,i just had a6,8 ld put on my 01 xtra cab 4 cylinder stick but because of the xtra cab i had to put it on myself,and i had check with a meyer dealer near me in medford mass. they said no plows for toyota at all. paul

9. yellowpoly

yellowpoly Junior Member

I'd bet that if you look in your owners manual that it says that the vehicle in not recomended for plowing. I heard that Meyer won't go against that manufacturers recomendation. Unlike other companies who will build a plow for anything with wheels.

10. PLANET

PLANET Member

1988 toyota with 6 ft meyers does a great job in the light stuff and tight spots. Little truck has made me lots of money, Just know its limits.payup

11. Murf67

Murf67 Member

The funny thing is that the Meyer's website has Toyotas listed under "which plow is right for my Vehicle" and recommmends using there TM6.5. All year 4runners are in the choice boxes...they even list the Nissan Pathfinder which is rare to see out there!!!. Anyway my local dealer is going to call the factory and see what the story is.......I'll let all you Toy fans know!!!!:D

12. yellowpoly

yellowpoly Junior Member

You/re right murf. So then what's the confusion? They obviously make a plow for the Toyota. I know alot of people who have TMs on Jeep Wranglers and they love them.

13. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Hey guys I know it is fusterating finding a plow for your truck. I had the same problem two years ago untill last year when fisher came out with the homesteader. Not to get off the subject a uncle of mine put a fisher LD series plow on his 2001 tacoma. Fisher has no info on there site weather this is a tru mount or not and I have not asked if the dealer had to modifiy it at all but it is on there none the less. Looks good un till he raises the plow and littleraly the front end hits the ground.:(

Josh 99zr2

14. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

hey murf67 there is a guy with pics of his new Tundra with a blizzard plow on it in the picures section. Just wanted to let u know.

Josh 99zr2

15. jakegypsum

jakegypsum Senior Member

There are many Toyota's here in South Jersey with Meyer setups. I have seen Toyota applications since 1989.
    A friend of a guy who I work with mounted a Western on his Toyota just last year. He called a Western dealer in central New Jersey and they had the harness in stock. He picked it up the next day. No prob. They had several on the rack. Jake.

16. Murf67

Murf67 Member

Turns out that Meyer's HAS the parts in STOCK:eek: I put out some feelers to other Meyer's dealer and recieved a response fromWalker-Schork Int. In Il. It turns out that on older vehicles you have to order each individual part that you need. They just don't make full KITS for older vehicles. Hey the parts guy's were great!!! had the full mount in 1 weeks and was up and runnung that night. SO GOOD NEWS TO ALL US MEYER'S DIEHARDS OUT THEIR...PARTS ARE AVAILABLE..... :)

17. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I thinks it ok putting a remote starter can void the warranty

18. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

1988 Toyota With 6'5 Fisher

I currently have a 1988 Toyota Wee6,Auto with 31x10.5 Bf a/t's with a Fisher M/M on the front ready to go to work in the driveway now.

19. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

meyer makes a plow for toyota. its 6.5ft i think

20. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

f.y.i. WESTERN makes a7'2" suburbanite.