1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers Plow Blows Fuses

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Clearpath, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Clearpath

Clearpath Junior Member

I have an older Meyers plow that was working fine until going out the second time this year. After consierable investigation I traced the problem to a blown fuse (IGN) in the fuse panel. It seems if I raise the plow all the way up or all the way right or left it blows the fuse. Any suggestions?

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

did you try putting a bigger size fuse in ?

3. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

Change the fluid and make sure the filters are clean. I had the same problem and it turned out the fluid was dirty.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try looking at your wires at the pump. The pump will move a little when it reaches the end of the plow travel. You might have exposed / pinched wires at the pump or the pass through at the grill.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Theirs a good chance your underhood solinoid is shorted internally.Unplug the trigger wire from the solinoid (should be a white wire) then have a helper hold the control in the raise position,while he's holding the control jump across the two large terminals on the solinoid with a screwdriver to raise the blade.If it get's all the way up and doesn't pop the fuse then you know it's the solinoid shorting to ground.

6. Clearpath

Clearpath Junior Member

It just blew an in-line fuse then

7. Clearpath

Clearpath Junior Member

First thing I did was replace the soleniod. I jumped the old one and when it moved the plow I assumed it was the soleniod.

8. Clearpath

Clearpath Junior Member

No pinched or exposed wires. Thanks

9. Clearpath

Clearpath Junior Member

I'll give it a try this weekend and let you know. Thanks Mark

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What type of control do you have? Slikstick or touchpad or two toggle?

11. Clearpath

Clearpath Junior Member

Two toggle.

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Okay, we need to do some further diagnosis.Remove your power wire from the fuse panel and using a long jumper wire run it directly to the battery,then try the plow again,Does it still pop the fuse?