1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers Plow Adaptation for '89 Toyota

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by PikePerformance, Sep 15, 2004.

1. PikePerformance

PikePerformance Junior Member

Customer has brought in a '89 Yota with IFS and a Meyers Plow Frame from a International Scout II.(with that being said you know the frame is OLD) Now i was wondering if there was a proper way to mate the two without jeapordizing the trucks ability to handle properly as i would believe that the Yota will have difficulty with the additional weight, and the IFS causeing serious sag...Thoughts and Comments Please.

2. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

check the gvwr rating on the toyota....out of all the small trucks its usually the best--usually no need for suspension mods. Also is it regular cab???? The 88 was the first yr that Toyota made a frame and bed that would last for more than 3 years in new england. I had an 88, and a 92. Both good trucks but for around town mostly.

If its a 22r motor, crossreference what tires will be put on it... I guarantee that raised tires with a 22r will not be highway capable if you add the estimated 200lbs on the front.

The good news is that its leaf suspension so adding capability is relatively straightforward.

I had a 72 scout with a 6' fisher years ago---its a heavy deal, but once the plows down, you cant stop it---long stroke motors !!