1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers on a dakota

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Fred886, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Fred886

Fred886 Member

New to the forum, love all the feedback and advice everyone has. I have a 2004 dakota that i'm going to be using as a backup. One of my buddies has a brand new 7 foot meyers that he basically wants to get rid of. Any idea if the plow will fit a dakota? Or where to search for used mounts? Thanks

2. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

You may need to get a universal mount and do some Fab work on it to fit. Sorry that's all a got for ya

3. Fred886

Fred886 Member

Thanks for the info. I ended up emailing meyers and they dont make a mount for dakotas from 2000-2004. Looks like i'll be welding something up.

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Make sure it's made correctly and mounted properly. Do not weld the mount to the truck! We've been through that before around here.

5. Fred886

Fred886 Member

I'll try to steer clear of making that mistake :laughing: Any of you have reviews or suggestions on what type of universal mount to get?

6. jimv

jimv Senior Member

try and to get a mount for 97 to 99 there are allmost the same

7. Fred886

Fred886 Member

Is there any specific mount you would recommend? or just go with whatever looks would be the easiest to modify?