1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers mount

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by BigDBoots, Jan 4, 2011.

1. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

I am mounting a Meyers Classic mount to my 2006 LJ tomorrow and just wanted to check the height that the A-frame should be at.... I believe it is at 9.5 inches? Can anyone reassure me of this? Is there anything else I should know about mounting this up? I am a rookie and just thought I would ask.
    BigD

2. MLG

MLG Senior Member
    from WI

Ok, this may not help you much, because the lower mount on my vehicle was fabricated, or modified, by a previous owner. But the height is about 12" from the pavement to the center of the lower holes (where the plow pins go). Bear in mind that I also just installed new heavy-duty front springs last week, and the rear springs are flat. That lifts the front up a little. I Imagine it would come down an inch or inch and a half if the springs were balanced. I'd say a good height would be between 10-11". If you are fabricating your mounts, I'd put your plow on the level and level off the A-frame and then lift the rear up a 1/2" or an inch and make your lower mounts whatever that hieght turns out to be.

As a thought, I made mounts for a Toyota truck I have. What I did was tuck the lower mounts up higher because I didn't want them hanging down all year long. What I did was cut the thick metal blocks at the ends of the A-frame (where the pins attach) and re-oriented those blocks vertically on the ends of the A-frame. Then I welded in a triangular bracket in front of the vertical block for strength. So essentially it allowed me to move my lower plow mount about 3-4" higher. By doing that, I was also able to increase the strength of the system because it was closer to the truck frame. I plowed a lot with that setup and never had any strength issues. Again, that was on my Toyota Tk. You could do the same on the Jeep. Just a suggestion.