1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers mount question?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Wesley's Lawn, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Does anyone know if this meyers mount off a 95 F350 will fit a a 93 full size bronco? Iv read that ford frames from that period are often the same just not sure if from a bronco to a one ton are. Would like to know asap, sence this is in an auction.

[​IMG]

2. Mudman78

Mudman78 Senior Member
    from NJ

No, mounts are different.

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

That actually looks like a Western Plow and Lift Frame, if so you may want to post this under Western plows/

4. Wesley's Lawn

Well I know that the plow is a LZ plow, made here in MN, as far as the mount I dont know he said it was a meyers. Now I have another guy on another fourm telling me it will work and one on here telling me it wont, I more confuesed then I was with no help lol.

5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I hate to say it again , but its a Western that was sold by LZ Equipment sales and distributors of MN

6. Wesley's Lawn

Well maybe it is a western, I don't really care lol. I'm more concerned about weather or not the mount will work or will I have to modify it.

7. Mudman78

Mudman78 Senior Member
    from NJ

It is a Meyer Classic EZ Mount. The upper hoop looks homemade (Take a close look. The mount has the round tubes where the hoop slides in, but the hoop is custom made from square tube) and resembles an old conventional Western setup, but it's not.
    F250/F350's has leaf springs in the front and the Bronco/F150 has coil springs in the front. The mount won't work. Where the support legs mount to the frame on the F350 is right where the coil spring buckets are on the Bronco.

I have a Meyer Classic EZ mount laying around from a 93 or so Bronco. I'll take pics of it when I find my camera, but it probably won't be until the auction is over.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  8. Wesley's Lawn

Well I will prob buy it anyway if it stays cheap enough. Would you be interested in selling that mount? I have a old western conv blade laying around and I may get this one too. So I have a blade and pumps, I just need a mount that will work.

9. hsesws6

hsesws6 Junior Member

I'm not sure, that mount looks different than the Meyer. Here a a couple of quick shots of my 87-91 F-150 Meyer mount. The pictures dont have the support bars that go to the bumper supports. The 92-97 mount is similar but instead of having support braces that run forward to the bumper support they go straight up from the tubes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]