1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers MD 2

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by KoolAidMan888, Oct 8, 2010.

1. KoolAidMan888

KoolAidMan888 Member

Hi guys i hooked the plow up and it goes up and down and went left. But not will not return to the center or more right .. it still moves up and down but it would go right at all.. I cleaned my conections and it didnt work.. When i push the right button it makes the noise it normally does but wont move.

Any ideas

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The C valve isn't opening, either due to it's stuck itself or the C coil isn't receiving power (thus not creating magnetism to pull the valve open). Start with checking the C coil for mag (a helper is handy here) and if it doesn't have it then check for 12V on the coils power wire. No power when the right angle function is pressed designates a wiring issue.

However if it does have mag then remove, clean, and stroke the plunger in the bottom of the valve with a small screwdriver a few times to dislodge any debris. If it's now free re-install it in the pump and try again.

3. KoolAidMan888

KoolAidMan888 Member

sorry for my lack of terminology but is that the hydrolic line but the end where it connected into the pump??

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Incorrect. If you need help with the basics let us know which pump you have and we'll get a link to the appropriate manual for you to study. They're a good way to not only troubleshoot/repair an issue but also learn about all the various components and where they're located on the pump unit to familiarize yourself with it's layout.

5. KoolAidMan888

KoolAidMan888 Member

How do i clean the plunger .. It does have mag.. I found the trouble shooter on Meyers site... Thank you.. But i dont no how to clean the plunger or even where it is... How to i get the solenoid off

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The spool plunger is what you'll see when you look in the very bottom of the valve once you have it out of the pump unit. Push in on it with a small screwdriver and it should move, doesn't move much but it should move. If it doesn't then it's stuck. A little brake clean and some stroking with the screw driver will normally dislodge any debris. If you can't get it to move smoothly then it's likely swelled (very common) and the valve will have to be replaced.

To remove the solenoid (coil) remove the nut on top holding it to the valve's stem and just pull it straight up and off. If it's tight coming off than that's another sign the valve is swelled and you'll want to replace it.

7. KoolAidMan888

KoolAidMan888 Member

Where is the spool plunger? or what part is it on?

8. KoolAidMan888

KoolAidMan888 Member

the coil wont come off.. I tried putting a screw driver underneath it to see if it would give way but nothing.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then the valve is swelled and needs replaced. Twist the coil off with a large set of channel locks and remove. Then remove and replace the valve and coil with new parts.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  10. KoolAidMan888

KoolAidMan888 Member

oo ok sorry haha

11. KoolAidMan888

KoolAidMan888 Member

I got the coil off then took the valve out.. fluid was coming out.. i had u pop it off with a big screwdriver. Do they sell these seperatly or together?

Will This fix the problem?

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can purchase them either way but as an assembly is usually a better deal.

Well, it needs the C valve to angle right, it won't angle right and you know know the valve is swelled. You do that math. :D

13. KoolAidMan888

KoolAidMan888 Member

Haha i no it needs that im just wondering if there is anything else that could make it not work.. But Thank you I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

14. KoolAidMan888

KoolAidMan888 Member

One more Question.. I found the part.. Is there a difference between the E-47 and E-60 Plows.

15. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

the power units are different. the valves are the same.

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

All E47-E57-E60 B and C valves and coils interchange

17. KoolAidMan888

KoolAidMan888 Member

Ok sounds good

18. KoolAidMan888

KoolAidMan888 Member

Wana say thanks For the Help.. It was the C coil.. I put the new one in today and it WORKS!.....

Thanks Again.. The KoolAidMan

19. don1952

don1952 Junior Member

same problem

I am having same problem, I replaced the "C" valve, the angle works but it still hangs angled to the left every so often. I cannot release coupler @ pump, disconnected hose at the cylinder, move plow by hand (slightly) re-connect hose and it works again. Could it be the coupler as well?

Thanks

20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes it definitely may be, they're one of the primary causes of angle issues. If you replace them be sure to replace them ALL to avoid created mis-match issues and be sure they're all the same type (pin style preferably) and try to purchase the best quality you can find.