1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyers lot pro or boss super duty

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gman2310, Nov 14, 2010.

1. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

I am looking for a new plow, its between the lot pro or the super duty. I already have 5 Meyers plows and spares, but hear horror stories of new Meyers. Contemplating switching to boss as I have heard good. What's your take. I mainly do Wawa and commercial lots
  2. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

3 out of 5 of my plows are boss. Very well built plows and have never let me down
  3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Hmmmmm.....Asking Bossplowguy whats a better plow..Let me guess what he is gonna say....Fisher????...:laughing:....
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

if it was between those two i would go boss, if you had a choice of all brands i would say fisher...
  5. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Quite..You might wake-up the Boss Guys..Then we will have a fight on our hands...:salute:
  6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Go with the Boss. Meyers said they have really tried to change their product line around, but I'm not seeing it so far. Boss is proven, tested, and very, very reliable. They come off quick, go on quick, and work very well and last.
  7. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Boss makes a good plow, but you already have Meyers stuff. If you have good dealer support that is key and I'm guessing, though not sure you're not to far from Smith Bros, which is an excellent dealer. The new Meyer Plows are much better from the horrors that they were a few years ago, so I wouldn't think twice about buying one. Now if they only had an expandable wing plow.
  8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Uh oh, I heard the clanking, and the Yellow Light is flashing :D
  9. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

We prefer boss. I have never owned a meyer, but we have used many westerns. I like the speed of the boss and the durability. We run all straight blades with wings.
  10. diesellandscape

diesellandscape Member

I have a boss sd and meyer plow... My boss is twice as fast l-r-u-d.... In 3 years ive only had one problem with the boss and it was my own fault... Was plowing in the city, went way too fast into a lot and dropped the plow. caught a curb and blew the right line... 10 min fix. I cant say the same about my meyers plow
  11. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

Depends on whether you want to be plowing snow all the time or working on the plow. I had Meyers for years (been plowing for 36 years) and spent a lot of time repairing them, seals, solenoids, coils, etc. Changed all my plows to Boss about 15 years ago and have spent less in 15 years on my Boss plows for repairs than I would have spent in 1 year on my Meyers plows. The Boss plows are rarely down !!! Plus if you have a question on your Boss you can call the factory and they will be glad to help out. I feel that the Boss is the plow of choice if you want performance, reliability and durability at a fair price. Remember, this is my opinion, others will differ !!! Just put a new Boss 8'2" Poly VXT on my 2011 F350 CC Diesel !
  12. KCD Snow Pro

KCD Snow Pro Member
    from IL.

Go Boss. We run Cat Dozers in the summer and Boss Super Duty plows in the winter. Can't say enough good about them.