1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer's leak down

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by hotrod2dsd, Feb 19, 2015.

1. hotrod2dsd

hotrod2dsd Junior Member

e47-- Plow works great, but will not stay in the up position. Have new A valve and coil in place that didn't fix it. Any other ideas. Thankyou

2. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Packing on the ram would be my second go to fix. Open it up and look as the packings and O rings.

I just had that issue with my V it was the A valve. It was just slow lead down. I had to short chain driving accross town.

Good luck

3. hotrod2dsd

hotrod2dsd Junior Member

Thank you Call

4. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

hotrod..... there are only a few reasons for leak down... the first would be bad A-valve which you already checked, then it could be worn packing cup. If not that, could be the cylinder base o-ring, or the o-ring that sits on the stem of the lift ram under the piston. Finally, if all those don't fix you up, you have a cracked sump base. P.M. if you have any questions .. Good Luck

5. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Four hit the nail better than I

Good call, hope it is not a crack

6. hotrod2dsd

hotrod2dsd Junior Member

Fourtrax-- your a very smart man. Replaced all 3 items and and that did the fix. I suggest to all dont put the ram sleve o-ring on the sleve to install---set o-ring in the bottom of the housing then install sleve w/ram and top cap all together (gently) do not over tighten top cap--dont forget to grease the o-ring when installing. Thank you all for your time and efort

7. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

Nice, you should now get many many years out of that E47,, just change fluid every year and clean the filters, you'll be good. A properly maintained E47 is bullet proof.

8. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Till they crack, then you weld them

How about the E 60 pumps ?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015