1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyers help 2005 f250 please

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bwbigred, Sep 14, 2008.

1. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

i have an 05 f250 newer style ford meyers is tellin me that the only way to put a plow on this truck is by getting a mdII plow. Why wont a 99-04 classic mount work i saw a few trucks while searching the internet that had this. Please let me kno cause i have a classic setup and dont want to sell it if i can make it work somehow thanks

2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

The earlier model SD's , 99-04 have leaf spring front suspensions, the 05 models have coil springs, and the earlier model mounting cartons won't fit without a refabrication of the early mounting carton.

3. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

do you know how much refab you need the front bolt holes line up and the chassis is the same it looks like it would be real close

4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

There was a up-fitter out in the Mid West (?) who modified one to fit the 05 up model, I can say from the photo's there was a serious amount of re-fabbing, not just a cut here and a weld there.

Where your from NJ have you contacted Chuck from Smith Bros.? I'm sure he could do the re-fabbing, just don't know what it would cost?

Good Luck
    Jay

5. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

if you know how to fab its not hard.
    just use the classic clevis with two brackets from mdII/plus mount and some extra steel

6. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

do you kno what parts i need from a mdII mount any pics thanks

7. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

im still trying to figure out if there is an easy way to make this setup work does anyone have any pics or have they tried the mdII mounts which bolt to the frame i have a whole setup and really dont want to go through sellin it please help!!!

8. plowbabe

plowbabe Member
    from Midwest

you have mail...............

9. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

hi can use the same help have an 2005 f-250 and a boat load of ez classic parts, all help is greatly appreciated

10. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

i ended up last year getting a western plow but i was told you can use the 99-04 front clevis then you order the left and right side frame mounts for an md II mount for an 05-07 and you just make your own piece of flat bar connecting the bottom of the clevis to the tab on the md2 frame mount but i never tried it just from what i heard