1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyers fluid question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nofearpi, Feb 23, 2003.

1. nofearpi

nofearpi Junior Member

need lst minute advice on meyers e-47 pump

is there an alternate way to put fluid in an e-47 mounted on the truck besides the top fill plug?
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2003
  2. noclevername

noclevername Member

Not that I know of, but I use an oil can with a flexible spout and just pump it in. It's easy to gauge the level as well.
  3. nofearpi

nofearpi Junior Member

fill plug problem

the thing under the fill plug is stuck how do i get it out
  4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I have an e-47 but never had anything get stuck under the fill plug.I use the a funnel or the fill funnels that come with the m1 fluid.

SCFALL Member

I also have an E47 and there is nothing under the fill plug. Are you sure your are removing the fill it should take a 7/16 wrench to remove if there is something there you got bigger problems and will have to tear down the unit. GOOD LUCK Scott
  6. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

The "Thing" under the fill plug is just a reducer fitting. It takes a 5/8 THIN wall socket. You can remove it to fill if you like but most don't.

Noclevername. I like the oil can idea. DUH! I should have thought of that. I was just cussing the bottle I was filling from today!:p