1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers Fitment for 3/4 ton Chevy

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by LS1Nova, Feb 21, 2007.

1. LS1Nova

LS1Nova Junior Member

Hi guys, I have a question I was hoping someone can answer. I have an 04 GMC 2500HD that I just purchased, well when I bought it there was a plow on it. I have since taken the plow off and I plan on selling it. What I'm wondering is, what years will the truck mount fit? Also will it fit any other vehicles or half tons? It is the EZ mount system. I wish I had use for the plow, but I don't have that much of a driveway. The guy bought it new last year and only got to use it once.

Thanks for the help,
    Frank

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You mentioned it was an EZ mount but which one? There are two EZ mount set up's from Meyer, an EZ mount classic and an EZ mount plus (which is also called an MDII)

3. akgloomis

akgloomis Junior Member

Since you have an 04' and you are calling it a EZ Mount, I would assume you have a tubular lift frame that comes up in front of the bumper that the lights and pump are attached to, correct?

Regardless if you have an EZ Mount (tubular style) or an EZ Plus (called an MDII in 04') which is a fully removable mount that use 1" pins that stay with the mount instead of 5/8" pins that remove fully, either one will will 99-07 Chevy/GMC K2500HD or K3500HD. Meyer's mounts are made model specific and will not fit other brands of trucks.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Will also fit 2500 Suburban/Yukon and 2500 Avalanche.:)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  5. LS1Nova

LS1Nova Junior Member

Thanks guys. I just went out and looked at it. It is the EZ mount plus. It was purchased new in winter of 05. The power unit is an E57 and blade is 7 1/2 ft. What do you guys think a fair asking price would be for everything?

Also, my brother would like to buy it, but he has a 1500 Avalanche. Do you guy's know if they make a mount for that vehicle?

Thanks,
    Frank

DSC02236 (Medium).JPG

6. LS1Nova

LS1Nova Junior Member

Here is a picture of the plow.

DSC02234 (Small).JPG

7. akgloomis

akgloomis Junior Member

Unfortunately they don't make a mount for a K1500 Avalanche. All Avalanche chassis are on Suburban frames and I would be willing to bet that it will fit the 1500 but it would hve to be looked at. I would be leary of the front end being stout enough to handle the extra 600+ pounds though, I drive a 1500 Av as well and it has a very soft front. If the mount were to fit I would say he should change the front torsion bars out the same ones that come on the 2500.

As for a price, I know that up here in Alaska they are way higher than in your neck of the woods. I think I better let some one close to home answer that. If you lived here I would tell you about $2000-$2200, from the pictures you have posted it appears in pretty good shape.

8. edinning

edinning Junior Member

That plow looks brand new.
    You should have posted 3 days ago. I dropped my new truck off last night to get a plow put on. The new plow is 5k installed. I would think you could get around $2500.