1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers filter questions...............

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by poncho62, Jan 25, 2007.

1. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Got a couple of new filters for my E-47 and have a question or 2.

The old filter has a round steel piece attached to one end....and are much shorter than the new ones.I think that the other end of them attaches to the plug, although they are not now................The new ones have no steel piece and are crimped on one end. ....Do I have the wrong filters?. Can I make these new ones fit?

My pump only has 2 plugs in it, I see others have 3....Do I need 1 or 2 filters?....and where.

I looked in the E-47 manual on the Meyers site, but I cant see it well enough...........thanks

2. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

My pumps have 3 plugs. One is the drain and the other two hold the filters but I have seen E47's on ebay with only 2 plugs so obviously there are different versions of the E47. Just my opinion but I would match up the filters with the exact replacement. Last time I was in the plow store I saw a whole shelf of the kind mine takes. They were just a little round screen with a plastic frame around it.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That's the way the filter's were in the very old E47's.You can update to the newer plastic filter's but you may have to change the plug's too if their not hollow on the back side.

4. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Thanks

But, can I use these big long crimped ones? There is a hollow into the head of the plug.....

Goes the crimped part go into the housing or is it against the plug?

Also, still need to know, 1 filter or 2?

Maybe, I will email Meyers on this.........I must have the wrong filters.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

poncho, can you post a pic of the filters you bought? I want to make sure you have the correct filter's.

6. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

OK...well later

7. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Heres a pic

Picture1 003.jpg

Picture1 004.jpg

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Nope,that's not right.That's look's like the internal pump pickup filter.Here's what they should look like..Meyer no. 15619

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  9. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

OK...figured something was wrong. So that filter goes in the bottom of the resivoir?

I will get the right one(s)

I still dont know if I need one or 2 though.....will ask at the parts counter

Have to go into the city to get it.........

thanks

10. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

You want to get two of the plastic style.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep,you'll need to get two of the filter's.There should be one behind each plug.

12. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Thanks again.....helps alot. Have been having trouble with fluid freezing the last few days. Gonna change fluid again, when I get the right filters