1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyers e60h problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dadio, Jan 1, 2014.

1. dadio

dadio Junior Member
    from NH

Hi all. Yesterday was using my plow to clean up my driveway and noticed it didn't want to lift the plow after a couple passes. Checked the fluid and it was a low so filled it. When I started back up it started tripping (keypad controll) when I tried to raise it or angle right, worked fine angling left. I am assuming it would be the control wiring but wanted to check here if anyone has a different theory or might have a better idea. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give, need to get it going cause a lot of snow is predicted tomorrow.
    By the way this is a plow I got with a truck this summer and had to replace the red (b) solenoid so no history of service. I do have the service manual.
    if you can guide me checking the wire I'd appreciate. I do have a digital multi-meter.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  2. LON

LON Senior Member

Check all your grounds. Loosen them then re-tighten.
    Make sure ground wire for touch pad is grounded at the battery and no where else.

3. dadio

dadio Junior Member
    from NH

Thanks Lon
    I will do the grounds today. Had to rig it yesterday with a come a long to blow a hole through the windrow from the highway plows so the Mrs. could get in from work. and a quick shot this am so she could get out. Not very efficent!!! Have a second plow truck I had been using but oil line for the oil cooler blew out and haven't had a chance to repair it. Not enough hours in the day as I had to plow for the local state barn. One of these days I'll have a place to do these things inside a warm, dry, and well organized shop.

Again thanks for the help