1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers E60 motor

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by MoparMarv, Dec 5, 2007.

1. MoparMarv

MoparMarv Junior Member

I have a Meyers plow on my 93 W250 that came with the truck when i bought it. Last year it worked fine other than the day after a long rain and then ice storm. I put it on this year since the first snow came last night. Anyhow I got the plow to raise and lower once and that was it. I got no Left or right movement and it won;t raise. I followed the trouble shooting steps that are online. The pump motor will not spin up. I ran power direct to the motor with a jumper and nothing. I took the motor off. I can a spin it by hand. When I hooked up power to it it spun up and then spooled down and then nothing. There was a whole bunch of dirt corrsion and other crap in the motor at the bottom when i took off the cover. I hear its common for water to collect in these and frezze. I had that happen last year. The hydralic pump spins fine by hand. So now here I am. I need a new motor or I need to rebuild the motor. What is the best route? What is the price I should expect to pay for a motor? I noticed this motor was made in china. Is there aftermarket motors avalible? I barley use the plow as it is so I'm ok with less that premuim OEM meyers parts However if there is a huge difference in quality and minium difference in price I'm ok with paying up. I'm going to tinker with it today for a bit. The Pump is an E-60 I believe and the motor has a single stud on it. Also any place in the chicago area that would have this stuff that anyone can recomend. I just use this plow for a handful of drives and the street in the of the house to clean up what the town misses so it does not get used hard.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As you discovered, corrosion is a problem inside the motors on the E60 pumps and your best bet is to just replace it rather than rebuilding the old one. Now would also be the good time to update it to the newer style double stud Iskra motor...
    If you check online with some of the plow parts suppliers you can get the aftermarket motors for around $100. The aftermarket motor will do the job just fine for your application and will save you some money over buying a genuine Meyer motor..

Some good online suppliers for plow parts where you can get the replacement motor:

Central Parts Warehouse
    Mill supply
  3. MoparMarv

MoparMarv Junior Member

well i found it locally. 145.99. A little more than I wanted to pay but ohwell. Also picked up some fluid and filters. I figure I'll clean up the old motor as a spare. One good thing about meyers plows here in chicago is parts supply doesn't seem to be an issue. Everyone and their brother has a Western.
  4. 79bonco

79bonco Junior Member

The other night i rebuilt the motor on my neighbors western...it was actually more of a motor clean internal cleanup...motor would turn at all...rust all over the inside...wire wheel on the dremel and cleaned it all up works fine now....