1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers e60 motor

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chopchop, Feb 28, 2010.

1. chopchop

chopchop Junior Member

Hello this is my first post here and I have a question to ask you guy's. What would you do in this situation, I just had my Meyers E60 pump setup to the dealer for an overhaul when I took it in the only thing wrong with it was it would leak down other than that it worked fine. When I took it in I did not unbolt the hot wire from the motor or take the ground wire off , they are just short wires that plug in. Well I got it back 8 days later and installed back onto my truck, the dealer had taken the hot and ground wires off the motor and the pump body they were in a bag that I was handed when I left the store. I put the ground wire back on and the hot wire to the motor BUT THE HOT WIRE STUD OUT OF THE MOTOR DIDN'T FEEL RIGHT I used one wrench on the nut on the stud an one on the nut to tighten the wire. HERE IS THE PROBLEM the motor now does not run I have electric to the STUD but motor won't run I'm sure the wire in the motor is broken off and now I need a new motor.
    Do you feel the dealer should repair this with out charge, I feel he should as the motor worked fine when I took it in for the rebuild. Also there is no way they could have tested this unit with the motor not working.
    Tell me your thoughts. Thanks :gunsfiring: