1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers E60 Head Scratcher

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by junkman1946, Jan 21, 2012.

1. junkman1946

junkman1946 Junior Member

Go figure, first money storm of the year and the plow craps out. I've got a 2001 Meyers/Diamond E60H Raise/ lower modes starting getting noticably slower, then erratic, work, not work etc. Angle mode works as it should with good speed, and power.
    I also noticed the plow started to creep down very slowly when traveling blade up. Finally, today in the middle of the storm it quit going up altogether. To make things more interesting, when you press the raise button everything works, the solenoid, motor, and the piston will extend till it gets the slack out of the lift chain, then it just won't lift the plow. I tried adjusting the check valve to no avail. I recently replaced the "B" valve (lift). I checked the filters,check valve, pilot valve, and everything that it said in the manual. I'm leaning toward the theory of the "A" valve(down) sticking slightly open allowing incoming oil to blow right thru the circuit. Anybody got any ideas before I drop another $100 on the A-Valve. Thanks Frank K.

2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

send it to smith brothers for a rebuild!

3. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

ram packing shot or a valve seals shot ... needs miner seal kit easy fix ..

4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

also may one check the fluid cause you may just not have enough. But i am thinking its more the seals on the bottom of the lift ram

5. junkman1946

Pulled the A-valve today, it actually fell apart in my hand, the screen and plunger stayed in the bore and the top came out. Replaced it, and it still made no difference. Tomorrow, we get the seal kit and repack the ram. Another Meyers Guy said to empty the oil out of the sump and clean the crud out of the bottom. He said his low pressure feed to the pump/valves became clogged the pump was not getting a sufficient supply of oil to make it go up. But if that was the case why would the angle pistons work as they should? Thanks Guys, for your help. I'll keep you posted.

6. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

You replaced the a valve and coil? Dose it still overload? or just dosent go down

7. junkman1946

I replaced the A-Valve because it came apart and the screen became dislodged from the valve body. The pump doesn't overload, it sounds exactly the same as when its operating the angle cylinders. It doesn't "scream" it doesn't labor excessively. The more I think of it the more I think the packing in the lift ram, or the O-Ring in the bottom of the ram are shot.