1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyers e60 angle left short

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by szxjw3, Nov 30, 2009.

1. szxjw3

szxjw3 Junior Member

I have a meyers E 60 pump that when I angle to the right the touch pad snow overload and plow stops moving. when you reset the touch pad it moves a little and overloads again.
    Anyone have any ideas? Is it the c coil or the touch pad?

Ron

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The touchpads die all the time but your issues doesn't appear to be in the touchpad by your description.

Two likely causes, either a poor connection on the green wire somewhere from the controller plug to the C coil, especially the one right at the coil. Or a bad C coil.

Check over the wiring with a fine toothed comb looking for any cuts, chafed spots and corrosion. If it all looks 100% swap the C and B coils temporarily and see if it now illuminates the OL light during raise. If it does then you know the coil is bad. If it doesn't then you know you still have a wiring issue.

Last resort would be the touchpad itself.

3. szxjw3

szxjw3 Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I did the swap of the b and c coils. I got the ol light when I lifted the plow. Does the A coil lift, B coil angle right, C coil angle left? Seams like I am getting inconstant failures.
    Ron

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Valve/coil orientation is as follows....

Red - raise
    Green - angle right
    Black - lower

No valve/coil for angle left. Left is the default.