1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers E57 Pump Problem

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by rcnease, Jan 8, 2015.

1. rcnease

rcnease Member

I have a Meyers E57 pump that I was using on Tuesday. I didn't hit anything and it was functioning just fine. Then all of a sudden, it started to float left while down or up. I could move it to the right with the controller, but as soon as I let off the button, it would move to the left again. When I got out to check it, I could hear the motor still spinning. Can anyone tell me what is causing this? Someone I talked to told me it might be a crossover valve, but I would much rather know for sure rather than just replacing parts to try to find out.

Thanks in advance.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Might get better responses in the MEYER thread. Just saying
  3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

If motor keeps running start with solenoid. Left is default for Meyer, no valves needed just the motor running.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

First you said float, then you say the motor is running? Is it turning left under power or not holding a right hand angle under load?

If it is not holding position under load it COULD be a crossover relief.

If it is turning left under power, it could be a bad 12v motor solenoid but before you change it, unplug the pump, go to the 12 volt MS and check to see if it is getting a constant activation signal, you could also have a bad control. No 12 volt at the trigger, change the 12v MS, 12 volt at the trigger, try another control.