1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers E57 and Slikstick?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by POWERBAND, Jan 22, 2004.

POWERBAND Member

I recently got a new Meyers 7.5 STD plow on my Chevy Silv. The dealer installed the Slikstik and I've been very happy the past couple of snow events with the speed and power of the E57 after years with an E47 unit on my old rig.
    Last week I believed the plow began angling left slightly after releasing the UP position and the motor stops short to the RIGHT but kind of runs on a little after releasing LEFT. This results in always winding up with the plow angled left.
    I understand Meyers pump - non picked run condition angles the plow LEFT. The dealer replaced the correct indicated valve/solenoid and it made no change. After checking with Tech Support the dealer was told that the E57 needs the Touchpad controller and it must have been doing this since he installed it and he will replace it.

The dealer, a local farm equipment supplier has been excellent in both the installation and the "problem". It's difficult for me to accept I just had not realized it earlier which is possible but I am unconvinced. Anyone have a solid explanation what is going on with the Touchpad VS Slikstik with the E57 setup?. I am questioning my sanity more than ever:dizzy:

Thanx PB:cool:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

yes the stick has a slower response time than the pad which messes up the pump one dealer told me he refuses to put in he sticks
  3. jchomer1

jchomer1 Junior Member

I just got an E57 also i was having the same problem ,also the plow when turned to the right would try and slam back to the left. I had to go to the touchpad,problems solved. touch pad was sent free from meyers.
  4. Rob Abner

Rob Abner Junior Member

the touchpad solves these problems due to timer in the electronics in the touchpad is what i have been told. Something about the motor continues to turn after the switch is released and the valves close supposedly happens on all meyer without pad. no experience as all of my trucks have tpad.
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i like the slick stick cheaper to replace then the pad
  6. jchomer1

jchomer1 Junior Member

I agree with that but if you could see how hard this thing hits back to the left yopu would go with touchpad.It was hitting so hard i thought the cylinder was going thru the plow.