1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyers E47 won't go up

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jemery_10point, Dec 18, 2009.

1. jemery_10point

jemery_10point Junior Member

OK So first my plow was stuck in the up position. Replaced the A coil and the plow came right down. Now the ram comes up painstakingly slow,not at all or it skips while trying to come up. I'm mechanically inclined but not familiar with snowplows as I've only been plowing for 2 years residentially. This is the first time I've had a problem with the plow. I did buy the whole A coil valve assembly but just tried the coil first. Should I have replaced the whole unit? HELP! I dont want to keep replacing parts and/or trying to trouble shoot blindly in the dark. Nor do I want to pay a mechanic a ridiculous amount of money to fix something simple. It is also 10 below zero right now where I live. Could it just be the pump is really cold?

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

You are saying it comes up, but real slow?...I take it the fluid is up and not freezing. The "A" valve is just for dropping the plow. The "B" valve is for lifting. It must be working if it is trying to lift. I had the same problem the other week. It turned out the bottom cup seal on the ram was shot. It's not hard to take apart....New seal cost me about $10

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's froze up or it's low on fluid. Or both.