1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyers e47 won't go down

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by freedom7272, Dec 14, 2003.

1. freedom7272

freedom7272 Junior Member

hi i lost my last thread just starting a new one heres the whole story last year the house i was living in was destroyed by fire so last winter i did not use my plow at all it seems water got into the pump and caused a leak in the gasket between the block the coils are on and the pump so i fixed that put it back on the truck hooked everything up raised the arm when i tried to lower the arm i blew a fuse found the wire melted to the manifold fixed that now every function works no blown fuses but can't lower the arm
  2. J HIsch

J HIsch Member

Do you have weight on the Arm?
  3. freedom7272

freedom7272 Junior Member

yes i do have weight on the arm it simply won't budge unless i let the fluid out
  4. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

You need to check for power to the "black" wire coming thru your grill to the power unit while you have the plow switch in the float mode.
    If not back check your wiring to the switch and the switch its self as why there is no power.
    If you have power then block up you plow and check the rear small coil on the "a" valve for magnetisim with a screw driver, this is tested with the plow control in float again.
    If so carefully remove the coil and valve, remember the valve is under pressure until the plow is on the ground.
    You can then check for anything that may be lodged in the valve and you can clean it with kerosene or brake cleaner.
    Put the coil back on the valve and then hook it to a battery and see if it "clicks" and moves, if not you may tap it on a blck of wood and get it freed up.
    Other wise replacement time for the valve.
    :rolleyes: John.............