1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyers e47 stuck in up position

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by WATSON, Jan 20, 2005.

WATSON Junior Member

I can not get my meyers e47 (old style) plow to go down, i check for magnetism, and it has it at the A Coil, I was wondering how to get the ram down? I took the coil off of the A Valve but the base of the A Valve appears to be circular and not having any way to get an 7/8 or 1 1/8 deep well socket on it at all.....

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
  2. SteveB(wi)

SteveB(wi) Member

It probably has junk around it and looks round, it should be a hex, unless someone rounded it off previously. If you can get it out you can usually clean it up and reinstall. It may also be some water in there and frozen. Can you get it somewhere warm or use a hair dryer, heatlamp, etc. on it and try again.

pages 26 for diagnostic chart and 38 for A valve removal.
  3. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Remember to support the bottom of the plow with a floor jack or something before you remove the A valve. Not only will you be squirting fluid all over the place, but the blade will come crashing down!!!!!!
  4. MR5BY5

MR5BY5 Junior Member

Thanks to SteveB up there in Wisconsin for posting the link to the Meyers Electro-touch Service Manual! I was at the meyers website the other day and saw this but it took so long to download I concluded it was out-of-order! Since Steve posted it here I tried again and got a download in a few minutes - this will be a big help to me in the future and, hopefully, to the guy whose E-47 won't lower! (I have been there before and it was a sticking A-cart as suggested!)